Offering an array of dining options “from French Fries to French Cuisine.”
Don’t miss the 5th annual foodie event happening in Leelanau County.
Friday, April 26 – Saturday, May 4, 2019
Throughout the week around Glen Arbor, book a time to dine at each restaurant on the list for a unique and mouthwatering experience.
Participating establishments will offer their own appetizing (3 course) prix-fixe menus from $25-$35. Some establishments may be offering lunch specials as well.* To participate in the event, simply contact each establishment (listed with menu’s and locations info below) to make your reservation. No tickets. Open to the Public.
*Reservations with each purveyor are recommended for dining during this event.
Thank you Sponsors for helping make the marketing of this delicious event possible! The Glen Lake Chamber of Commerce is a 501c organization. Email us if you are interested in supporting this Event or the Chamber and it’s mission.
Comments Off on Escape to Glen Lake: In the Spring
Plan a Spring trip! Escape to Glen Lake for a #springtour in #leelanau. Experience #puremichigan#cherryblossoms.
Browse our Business Directory for B&B’s, Resorts, Vacation Rentals, Dining, Shopping and more!
Other things to do around Glen Lake in the Spring:
• Participate in Glen Lake Restaurant Week. Enjoy everything from French Fries to French Cuisine. Restaurant Week happens annually, the week before Mothers Day. This year it happens from April 29 – May 7. MORE about the event | Browse “Dining & Specialty Foods.”
• Wine Tastings around the county. You can taste the local wines any time of year, but the annual Spring Sip and Savor event held by the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail happens April 30th to May 1st. View event listing
• Hunt for rocks along the beach. While it might not be warm enough to bust out the swimsuit, you can still say hi to Lake Michigan. After all, it’s right out our back door. Take Totou for a walk too. You can always find a dog-friendly beach to take a hike on near the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Just make sure to pick up and discard #2 🙂
• Go Shopping. While not all of the seasonal stores are open, most of them will be by May 1. Be the first in to see what’s new this year. Shopping local is always interesting, providing the opportunity to splurge on local artisan made items, gifts, outdoor gear, cherry products, chocolates, and more. Visit our Business Directory for local retailers.
• Take a hike. Spring is a wonderful time to hike the woods. The bugs aren’t out yet, the smell and sight of fresh growth is refreshing. Spring is a time of our beloved State flower’s bloom, the Trillium. Seek a forest floor full of these beautiful white blossoms. And Northern Michigan’s ever popular Morel mushroom can be found during the month of May. Learn more about hunting for Morels. | Check out our list of trails to visit.
• Weather permitting, get outside to a local Park, or inside to the Library. There’s the Leland Township Public Libraryin Leland, and the Glen Lake Library, in Empire…both about equal distance from Glen Arbor, in either direction. Glen Arbor Township Park, off of M-22 next to Northwoods Hardware, has Tennis Courts, covered picnic tables, Basketball, and a sandy Playground. The Myles Kimmerly Recreation Area has fields for Soccer and Baseball, a Disc Golf Course, 1 Basketball Court, Picnic/Shelters and Grills, Restrooms, Playground, 2 Tennis Courts, a Forested area you can hike.
Comments Off on Glen Lake Restaurant Week | May 1st-9th 2015
Glen Lake Restaurant Week offers an array of dining options “From French Fries to French Cuisine.” Don’t miss this annual event happening the week before Mothers Day.
| Friday May 1st – Saturday May 9th, 2015
Restaurant week around Glen Arbor is a time to discover new local food at a great price, while dining at your usuals too! Throughout the week, show up to each restaurant on the list to experience a unique and mouthwatering time.
Participating establishments will offer their own appetizing 3 course prix-fixe dinner menus for $25. Some establishments will be offering $15 lunch specials as well.
NEW THIS YEAR:
Restaurant Week Passports will be available at each participating restaurant. Get one and take it to each place you dine to get stamped during Restaurant Week. The participants with the most stamps who return their Passport at the end of the week will be a part of a drawing to win local gift cards. We will personally contact the winner, as well as make an announcement via Glen Lake Chamber + Restaurant Week social media.
#foodie #foodporn #GlenArbor #eatlocal
Participating local Restaurants*
Art’s Tavern | 6487 Western Ave, Glen Arbor, MI | P: (231) 334-3754