The Glen Lake Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to adding value to local businesses and organizations, offering FREE marketing opportunities for our Members.
Learn about membership benefits, chamber initiatives, cost, opportunities and more by viewing our Membership Packet.
DIGITAL REAL ESTATE
Updated January 2022
“The member directory listing for our cottages on visiglenarbor.com was very successful, resulting in full occupancy from June 10 to mid-August, 2022!” -Scotty and Gail, Birch Shore Cottages
• 3,936 people “like” our page and 4,453 people “follow” us on Facebook.
• An individual post to the Facebook page reaches an average of 1K people, organically.
• 74% of Facebook and Instagram users are women, ages 45-54, while 26% are Men.
• 1,706 followers on Twitter (up from 1,685 followers last year)
• www.visitglenarbor.com had a total of 56,899 users in 2022.
Marketing opportunities for Members...
We maintain TWO email LISTS via a MailChimp account. We send varied but similar and targeted content to each group. Members get a monthly email newsletter with up to date Chamber happenings and community info. Our second list is made up of Subscribers, which is open to the public. This list has grown to nearly 2,500 contacts and counting!
AREA JOB LISTING
Free to members, you may have your updated employment opportunites posted here year round. You may included any and all of your jobs openings, description, links, a photo and contact info/how to apply by submitting the info to our marketing director to post on the website, here. This page is promoted in email newsletters and social media for additional exposure.
If you have a special event your business is organizing, we'd like to know about it! We have one of the most comprehensive, regularly visited even calendars representing in the Glen Arbor area. Our community calendar is one of the most visited pages on our website! Submit your own events, then, with our approval, we'll publish it live on the calendar!
SPECIAL OFFERS & RATES
If your business falls under a "Place to Stay" like a Cottage, Resort or Vacation Rental Co. we have two pages available to help you promote seasonal offers and availabilities. We can post your specials at one or the other location on the website for visitors to see and also promote these offerings regularly, year-round on our social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google.
PLAN YOUR WEDDING
If your business has any product or service that is related to weddings, Please include an additional description with this info when adding your business description in the online form. FREE of charge, in addition to our business directory, members may be included on this page, helpful to those looking to plan their event in Leelanau County.
We offer a few key locations for any Member to have more exposure, through paid advertising. With our digital footprint, you business may reach both the local community and visitors planning their trips to the area. Advertising opportunities include "featured member" to be seen right away on the homepage of visitglenarbor.com as well as monthly email newsletter ad space, plus event sponsorships.
How to Enroll or Renew your membership...
1. Current Chamber Members may receive BOTH an electronic notice for renewal AND a printed notice / invoice, via mail. If you did not received an electronic or printed notice for this year's renewal, contact us and we will follow up with you.
2. New members are invited to submit your information via the online enrollment form.
3. Membership Renewal DUE DATE is December 31st. Dues not received by March 15th may be removed from being listed on the website or not included in updated printed materials.
Membership cost is $175/year. Additional businesses can be added for $87.50 each. Non-Profit entities and Friends of the Chamber may join or renew for $50/year. Our treasurer sends renewal invoices via email in November for the upcoming calendar year. If you're not sure what your dues should be, just ask!
Pay online: You may securely submit a payment online, via PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/glenlakechamber then click "SEND MONEY."
Pay by check/mail:
You may send a check to: Glen Lake Chamber, P.O. Box 217, Glen Arbor, MI 49636
5. Website Listing: Your business will be added to the website Directory via a listing in the selected category(s) including a description, contact info, social media link(s), website link and your logo and/or photos to visually represent your business. Please email our Marketing Director about your website listing. We recommend including 3-6 high resolution .jpg file photos, logo or graphics.
Contact us at [email protected]
Please also take a few minutes to Like the Chamber Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, follow on Instagram. We will Like and Follow you back, and we may re-post or share your posts throughout the year to our pages as well!
We are excited to see the growth of these numbers as we introduce more and more options and offers through our website. Your Chamber membership includes a listing on this website in the business directory and promotion of your major events/offers throughout the year, that you submit to us.