Noteworthy things to CELEBRATE in 2016 around Glen Arbor
Glen Arbor, it’s residents and business owners all look forward to Memorial Day weekend, where most of all the seasonal shops are open for the season by this weekend. It’s usually nice weather and is a great kick-off to the summer. There’s been some nice changes in town you can look for when you visit, and some noteworthy things to celebrate in the community! Join us and and #findyourpark at the Sleeping Bear Dunes ~ we might be bias, but it’s our favorite National Park 🙂
The Heritage Trail is undergoing another completion of a new section being added this season: from Port Oneida Historical District, NE along M-22, ending at Bohemian Rd. in Maple City.
• The National Park Service celebrates it’s 100 year Anniversary! Check out Sleeping Bear Dunes Centennial Initiative, and get involved. #findyourpark #sleepingbeardunes
• Glen Craft Marina has been in business for 70 years!!! Wow! When it comes to the Glen Lakes and boating, they know what they’re doing!
• Northwoods Hardware opened a new sister store this year, Northwoods Home & Gift, offering “Home accessories, Thoughtful gifts and Unexpected surprises.” Visit northwoodshardware.com for more on what’s new around Northwoods.
• Synchronicity Gallery will celebrate it’s 20th year in business. It will undergo a re-brand this year, gallery openings during the summer, staying open later for after dinner summer shopping, and a few other fun updates! Like and follow them on Facebook year-round for artistic inspiration.
• The Good Harbor Grill opens for its 25th season on May 21 ~ Congratulation Ann & Brendan!
• Leelanau Coffee Roasters celebrates their 20th year of business!
• Momentum apparel shop has new owners ~ stop in to say Hi and Welcome, and see their get some Glen Arbor and Lake Michigan garb.
• Century 21 Northland / Northland Vacation Rentals has moved across town into a new space, located at: 6391 W. Western Avenue, Glen Arbor
• The Sylvan Inn and the Gersenson’s other property, The Lakeshore Inn, both underwent renovations and updates this winter/spring, open and ready for the summer season. Visit www.sylvaninn.com for more.
• Serbin Real Estate will be moving to the west end of town and is renovating the building before moving in. Stop in and say hi to Rob Serbin and his real estate team once they get into the new location, at: 6675 W Western Ave., Glen Arbor. Visit serbinrealestate.com to search their listings and the MLS.
Follow the Glen Lake Chamber of Commerce on Instagram for more beautiful local images, year round. @visitglenarbor
Let us know about other local noteworthy things to celebrate by emailing us: [email protected]
Photo, courtesy of Sleeping Bear Dunes NPS