- This event has passed.
Shop Leelanau, Save Leelanau
August 4, 2014
The Leelanau Conservancy invites you to join a Shop Leelanau, Save Leelanau county-wide promotion on Saturday, August 9, 2014.
The Conservancy is asking participating businesses to donate 1% of sales on August 9 to the Leelanau Conservancy, and the Conservancy will promote the participating businesses.
The Leelanau Conservancy works to conserve the land, water and scenic character of the county, and we hope that our efforts help keep residents and visitors committed to this area and excited about supporting local businesses. We know that local businesses are vital to the local economy, and that they provide important services, unique offerings and charming experiences that visitors and residents love.
So please partner with us for Shop Leelanau, Save Leelanau on Saturday, August 9. More details follow. Please fill out the form to participate:
- The date of the county-wide event is Saturday, August 9.
- All Leelanau County businesses are invited to participate.
- A Leelanau Conservancy volunteer will be assigned to coordinate logistics within each village.
What the Leelanau Conservancy will do:
- Promote Shop Leelanau, Save Leelanau in its summer newsletter. All businesses who have replied by May 7 will be listed in the newsletter, which will be mailed June 15 to 4000 members.
- Promote Shop Leelanau, Save Leelanau on its website, www.leelanauconservancy.org, which will be updated regularly.
- Prepare posters for window display. Conservancy volunteers will place them in the windows of participating businesses July 25-26.
- Prepare a small countertop display, with small handouts. These will be brought to participating businesses on Friday, August 8, for the Saturday, August 9 event.
- Issue receipt for the business donation, which is tax deductible.
- Thank businesses in fall newsletter.
What participating businesses will do:
- Agree to donate 1% of sales on August 9 to the Leelanau Conservancy.
- Fill out and return the form below.
- Allow a window poster to be placed by a Conservancy volunteer on July 25 or 26.
- Display the countertop promotion on August 9.
- Distribute the handout on August 9 to customers. The business may include its name on the back of the handout (in a 2” x 2” space).
- Send report to the Conservancy on results by August 16.
- Send tax-deductible donation to the Conservancy by August 30.
Participating businesses may also promote the August 9 – Shop Leelanau, Save Leelanau 1% day in their own marketing materials. Please let us know!
PARTICIPATION FORM: Shop Leelanau, Save Leelanau – Saturday, August 9
Business name: _______________________________________________________
Business phone & address: _______________________________________________
Website if applicable: _________________________________________________________
Type of business: ____________________________________________________________
Name of contact person: ______________________________________________________
Contact’s email & phone number: ________________________________________________
Thank you! Please send form to Leslee Spraggins, [email protected]
105 N. First Street, P.O. Box 1007, Leland, MI 49654. Call with questions: 231-256-9665
Learn more about the Leelanau Conservancy at www.leelanauconservancy.org