Small Business Strong
Article and graphics by Raquel Jackson | Raquel owns her own small business Rockwell Art & Design and also serves her local community through marketing for the Glen Lake Chamber of Commerce.
Glen Arbor businesses are offering creative ways to serve their community.
Small businesses are responding with big heart, going above and beyond with extra services offered for safety and convenience. From curbside pickup to delivery, many ask that you simply call ahead to have your order ready. Every purchase we make, we’re either casting our vote for local businesses or big business. If we want our treasured towns to thrive, it’s more important than ever to spend our dollars locally. The choices we make today will impact our neighborhoods tomorrow.
So what can you do to ‘show your love for local’?
• Order take-out or delivery. (Don’t forget to tip!)
• Buy Gift Cards for use at a later date.
• Call in your order! It’s a fun way we’ve all abandoned since the convenience of online ordering, texting, social media and emailing. Get a kick out of making a good ‘ol fashioned phone call to place an over the phone order with a local retailer instead of going out to shop there. Many offer curbside pickup or delivery – just ask!
• Pay with your cards instead of cash.
• Shop small – online! Check your favorite places to see if they offer online shopping.
• Have extra bottles of hand sanitizer? You can help by giving it to small businesses.
• Understand the hard decisions. Unfortunately, some have been forced to make the hard choice and close their doors temporarily or permanently. Don’t be bitter. Have empathy for those having to make that call.
• Get creative about saying hi to your neighbors and fellow man.
• If you feel sick, stay home.
Consider SMALL before you choose BIG. We all want to see our favorite places be able to stay open, so shop local first.
Lets stay strong together. Small business strong!
#shopsmall #thinklocal #glenarborstrong