The 2015 Glen Lake BBQ and Brew Summer Celebration will be the on the third Saturday in June each year. This year it falls on
Glen Arbor area’s annual celebration, saluting the beginning of summer. A gathering of Michigan micro-breweries, BBQ food and other great small plates from local food purveyors. In addition to craft beer, lots of great drink options, non-alcoholic beverages, and a Wine table! There will be Live Entertainment throughout the event, a dining tent to eat, socialize & enjoy the music. This is a family-friendly event located just a short walk from Lake Michigan and your favorite Glen Lake shops, restaurants, galleries and recreation.
1 – 4 pm | Live radio broadcast
The Brew Crew will be broadcasting live ROCK 105 and THE BEAR 98.1 onsite, live music and prize giveaways.
2:30 – 4:30pm | Kids Activities
The Painted Lady Face Art, “Poppy” the Balloon Twister, and Dancing Frog Press providing free artwork to color on, plus selling “Leelanau Love” Color on Art books. During this time will be other games, activities and prizes, providing plenty of things to do with the family and kids!
4:30 – 5:30pm | What will you win at the LIVE AUCTION???
• Authenticated M-22 Sign • Weber “Summit” S-240 Gas Grill from Northwoods Hardware
• 30 x 40 Photographic Canvas Print by Life on the 45th Parallel Photography • Charter Fishing Trip for 6 from the Sportsman Shop • 2 Night Condo stay at The Homestead • Dining Packages from Blu, La Becasse, and Trattoria Funistrada • Golf, Dine + Stay at The Homestead
• Recreation Package from Crystal River Outfitters • Leelanau Wine Trail Packages
• Pelz full-day Golf Clinic • Ski Lift Tickets for 4 at Bay Mountain • 2 Nights at The Sylvan Inn & Gift Basket
4 – 8 pm | Live Music
The Rick Hick’s Band returns from Muskegon to provide a flavorful mix of Blues and Motown.
FOOD |Participating local restaurants and purveyors of fine food providing a variety of BBQ, Pizza, and plenty of options from • Art’s Tavern • Firedog Artisan Pizza • Pleva’s meats • Gabe’s meats • Cherry Republic • Joe’s Friendly Tavern • Nate’s Best Kettle Corn
DRINKS | Craft beer from various Michigan Micro-breweries, selections at a Wine Table, plus N/A choices from Bay Lavender and the Cherry Republic. The Michigan Breweries include • Bells Brewery • Brewery Terra Firma • Founders Brewing Co • Right Brain Brewery • New Holland Brewing Co • Cheyboygan Brewing Co • Shorts • and more!
ADMISSION | Admission is $15 per person, which includes an all-day wrist band and four tickets to use toward the purchase of beverages. Food Vendors will be collecting cash for small or larger plates ranging from $5 to about $8. Children under 12 are FREE, and a reduced rate for youth ages 13-20.
• Glen Arbor Community Park and Restroom • Glen Arbor Flowers • Glen Arbor Art Association (GAAA) – Manitou Music • Walking Map printing • Other local Community events – like 4th of July parade, Christmas Tree lighting & carols, etc.
Firedog Artisan Pizza
Volunteer or Sponsor this Event
“Calling all Beer Pourers, Gate keepers, and Ticket Sellers! “
Limited spots left…contact us today. Volunteers receive FREE admission. Please email Katie at [email protected] for available time slots/info.
Sponsorship opportunities via Live Auction donation or event sponsorship, make this community celebration possible, plus support local and non-profit endeavors. Email [email protected] for sponsor packet and opportunities.