The health and well being of our community is a priority and we are working to share info being provided by our County Chamber, Health Department, State Orders as well as National organizations guidelines.
As we begin to reengage, we hope the following resources and links provide you with information to keep you, your family and those you work with safe by following the guidance of health experts.
Resources & Guidelines for Business
To learn more about how employers and employees can prepare for and address the impacts of the Coronavirus, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Resources from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention:
For additional information and resources, visit https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/coronavirus.
Leelanau County Chamber of Commerce
Contact [email protected] by email to request an invitation to the weekly Zoom meetings open to County Business Owners.
Benzie-Leelanau Health Department reopening information for businesses: http://www.bldhd.org/coronavirus-covid-19. Scroll down to bottom of page to “Businesses and Employees Information”
Michigan Chamber Business Webinars (create free account to access): https://webinars.michamber.com/on-demand-webinars
Go to Leelanau Chamber website (www.leelanauchamber.com) for updated Covid-19 resources; Sign up to be a member for e-blasts.
“Buy Local, Buy Leelanau” marketing campaign – Contact Jamie at the Leelanau Chamber ([email protected]) to share your business info for the campaign.
Leelanau Peninsula Economic Foundation:
Regional Resiliency Fund being created by Venture North/Traverse Connect. Updates will be on this page: https://traverseconnect.com/our-region/regional-resiliency-fund/
Potential to convert short-term rentals to house Sleeping Bear park employees (the park needs 40 spaces for employees). Contact [email protected]
Next significant Governor’s Office update expected on May 15th.
Leelanau County/Benzie Health Department
UPDATE 5.7.2020 Full Press Release
Share your business on the Chamber’s social media! We want to hear from you.
Tell us what you are doing with Photos and Videos and we’re happy to share it on our social media accounts, primarily though Facebook!
- Send us a blurb on your adaptations and strategies, along with a photo, video, or two, to Sue Boucher for posting on the Glen Lake Chamber Facebook page. There are some great stories to share;
- Or, if you’ve posted to your own Facebook page, let Sue know so that she can then “share” your post, as the Chamber.
- Add the tag #glenarborstrong in your business posts
The Leelanau Enterprise
Two listings to share business updates are being published in the Leelanau Enterprise. The listings run in the Enterprise each week and are updated a couple times a week on social media.
- A Restaurant List: Those that are opening and offering take-out and/or delivery service
- The Keep It Local list of stores, primarily retail, that are not able to open due to the Governor’s executive order, but can offer phone/online/email orders and pick up or delivery service. We do not list businesses that are allowed to open under the current executive order. Those would be auto repair, landscaping/nurseries, hardware stores, construction, real estate, etc.
Contact the Publisher, John Elchert, with your updates at [email protected]
Glen Arbor Sun
Restaurants and Grocery Stores open in Leelanau County can be found on glenarborsun.com