Escape to Glen Lake: In the Spring
Plan a Spring trip! Escape to Glen Lake for a #springtour in #leelanau. Experience #puremichigan #cherryblossoms.
Browse our Business Directory for B&B’s, Resorts, Vacation Rentals, Dining, Shopping and more!
#glenarbor #glenlake #sleepingbeardunes
Other things to do around Glen Lake in the Spring:
• Participate in Glen Lake Restaurant Week. Enjoy everything from French Fries to French Cuisine. Restaurant Week happens annually, the week before Mothers Day. This year it happens from April 29 – May 7. MORE about the event | Browse “Dining & Specialty Foods.”
• Wine Tastings around the county. You can taste the local wines any time of year, but the annual Spring Sip and Savor event held by the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail happens April 30th to May 1st. View event listing
• Hunt for rocks along the beach. While it might not be warm enough to bust out the swimsuit, you can still say hi to Lake Michigan. After all, it’s right out our back door. Take Totou for a walk too. You can always find a dog-friendly beach to take a hike on near the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Just make sure to pick up and discard #2 🙂
• Go Shopping. While not all of the seasonal stores are open, most of them will be by May 1. Be the first in to see what’s new this year. Shopping local is always interesting, providing the opportunity to splurge on local artisan made items, gifts, outdoor gear, cherry products, chocolates, and more. Visit our Business Directory for local retailers.
• Take a hike. Spring is a wonderful time to hike the woods. The bugs aren’t out yet, the smell and sight of fresh growth is refreshing. Spring is a time of our beloved State flower’s bloom, the Trillium. Seek a forest floor full of these beautiful white blossoms. And Northern Michigan’s ever popular Morel mushroom can be found during the month of May. Learn more about hunting for Morels. | Check out our list of trails to visit.
• Weather permitting, get outside to a local Park, or inside to the Library. There’s the Leland Township Public Library in Leland, and the Glen Lake Library, in Empire…both about equal distance from Glen Arbor, in either direction. Glen Arbor Township Park, off of M-22 next to Northwoods Hardware, has Tennis Courts, covered picnic tables, Basketball, and a sandy Playground. The Myles Kimmerly Recreation Area has fields for Soccer and Baseball, a Disc Golf Course, 1 Basketball Court, Picnic/Shelters and Grills, Restrooms, Playground, 2 Tennis Courts, a Forested area you can hike.